Friday, May 15, 2009

Working to be here more


Hello, Ink Blots and others who are following this blog,
It has been a crazy few weeks (make that months) and I have not been able to post as much as I wanted to on here. The picture I have included with this post is what my office looks like right now. It is one of the reasons I have not been on like I want to be. You could call it a work in progress.. a lot of work and very little progress. But, I am going to try and designate a day and time to dedicate to this blog because I think it is one of the most important elements of our Community of Mercer County Writers. Bobbi, is to be highly commended for her management of the Nomadic Ink Blog site. She works very hard at keeping us up to date.Recently I asked her to keep the latest Workshop and Group challenge at the beginning so no one would have to search several pages to find it.... almost immediately she did it and has kept it there ... we all need to thank her for all of this because without her work we would not have this place to share our work on a daily basis.

I have been trying to post my May Flower story now for a month and maybe if all goes well I will get that done today. Part of my problem has been the move, the weather and a host of other distractions.Isn't it easy to find excuses not to do something we know is important and helpful.It is the way of the writer... so many of us almost always are looking for reasons not to write... but the good thing about that is, it is the perfect indication that we are truly writers. Those who only dabble in writing will get on a post like this and try to use it for their gain or slop something on here just to see their name... but, to my delight, the members of our group are afraid to post something because they don't think it is good enough... which means it is perfect for this site.

How many of you have started to read something in the workshop or group and said, "Oh, this is not very good." and the whole group is awed by what you have written? Almost everyone of you has... and it makes everyone in the group happy to see such good writing coming out. I am constantly amazed at how good you guys are... each of you has the potential to be a successful writer and I am proud to be a part of this group!!!

Enough rambling on my part this morning... I hope to post a few things for you critical eye today... please be honest and tell me exactly what you think... I will only be mad at you for a few minutes...NOT!!!!
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some bloggy love ....