Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Home for the Holidays

Dear Ink Blots and others,

The Community of Mercer County Writers has a full slate of things to do and I hope you can get started on some of them.

We have been invited to read during the Home for the Holidays event in downtown Harrodsburg on the weekend of November 27th and 28th ( I am not sure what times it will be but I am pretty sure it will be Satuday afternoon)

I would like to see us read new material that has something to do with the Christmas season.

A few topic suggestions I have are:
  1. The Best Christmas Tree Ever
  2. My Encounter with Santa (this does not have to be your 1st encounter, just any encounter)
  3. The Manger and Mary {My thought on this one is Mary and the manger having a conversation about their relationship. And it does not have to be Mary, it could be The lamb and the manger or the Shepherd and the manger. I think you get the idea... it would be an interesting thing to hear the perspective of the manger as it is associated with one of the other characters in the Nativity}
  4. Searching For The Star (this one is open to what your thought are not so much about the wise men searching but maybe your search or someone or something else's search)
  5. Candy Canes and Jam Cake

These are just a few of the suggestions I came up with, you get the idea I think... something about Christmas that is just a little different or an odd twist

We do not have a lot of time so it is up to you to write and prepare for the event. I would like to see a lot of you spark the creativity I know each of you have and come up with some really interesting pieces. The pieces can be poetry, short stories or even non-fiction... Whatever you want to write. I really do hope you can do something and be ready to read it during the event. We will be inside at Studio G on Main Street.

Some of us are now working on doing the play I wrote, "Nan's Diner" for this event as well. Several had asked if we could do it again this year and so we are. I am even going to play a part this year... won't that be a hoot. So if nothing else I hope you come watch me make a fool of myself on stage. The play will be on Saturday evening but I do not know what time yet.

So please plan to be a part of all of this. If you just cannot get something written plan on coming and supporting those who do... It is important for us as a group to support each other.

There are a lot more exciting things we have planned but I will tell you about them after the Christmas event.

I do need to know if you will try and write something to present so I have an idea about the time we will need to do the presentation. So PLEASE let me know as soon as you can.

You guys are the greatest and I am so proud to be a part of this group of great writers.

I look forward to hearing from you ASAP.

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some bloggy love ....