Monday, July 13, 2009

Escaping the Memories

Tennis sweatbands that smell like your wrists,
tender memories that taste like your kiss,
echoes of the songs you love to sing,
These are a few of my favorite things.
Dreams of your skin hot against mine,
My fingers aching for the hands they're longing to find,
cool air conditioning on fresh beads of sweat,
the look in your eyes as we watched the sun set,
teasing and playing,
i longed for your kiss,
waves and boogie boards you're sure to miss,
long talks through tears in the sand,
the moments when you took my hand,
these are the things stuck in my head.
The sound of your voice calling my name,
the way my skin will never be the same,
it still tingles with the last of your touch,
the bruises are fading from the falls and the scrapes,
My favorite memories are the ones i cant escape.

3 comments:

  1. Awww - now I get the reference, "I like to smell my wrist" - you're not a vampire after all. You're just in love! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you mean "i love the smell of your wrists"? thanks bobbi, this really means alot to me ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. As our good friend Harry would say...Brilliant! We miss you at the meetings, chicklet. Don't be such a stranger!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some bloggy love ....