Thursday, July 2, 2009

Reflections

(Photograph by Lynda Lehmann)



REFLECTIONS

Reflections of my past flow freely through my mind
Happy childhood, miserable teenhood, skittish adulthood
All jumbled together in the melting pot of memories
Never really showing my past by outward means, but simmering slowly in my thoughts and dreams

Rippled memories like the ripple of waves
Skipping across the decades of time
Not unlike a skimming stone as it lights on spontaneous musings and perceptions
With no control over where the cognition begins and the flights of fancy end

Why is it older brains will always reflect the past
While newer brains are only interested in jetting to the future
Don't they know that time is fleeting and you should not wish it away
'Cause in the blink of an eye, the future is gone and all we're left with is the past

1 comment:

  1. Speaking strictly as an "older brain"...I like this one a bunch. Nice work, chick!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some bloggy love ....